DIY Wedding Gifts and Cards. There's nothing better than giving something that you made yourself - and it doesn't hurt if you saved a bundle in the process!
|Glass Etching - Storybook cartridge|
To make a glass etched flute:
- Using vinyl, cut an initial from Storybook cartridge to a size to fit your flute. Mine was approximately 1.5".
- Use the negative of your cut and place on the flute. (Remove the initial and use the stencil portion of the vinyl.)
- Use painter's tape to cover outlining edges of the vinyl.
- Apply a good amount of Armour Etching cream. Be careful not to get any on the rest of the glass. Wait about 30 minutes (even though instructions say less time.)
- Rinse under running water in your sink (yep, it's safe.)
- Remove vinyl and painter's tape and admire your etched glass.
* Note - I found that the less expensive glasses etch the best. I purchased my flute in a package of 4 from Walmart. The Armour Etching cream is expensive but lasts and lasts and lasts. Use a coupon to purchase initially.
- Cards created using Sweethearts cartridge. Card on right "His and Her Towels" is one of a set of 8 thank-you cards. The lace at bottom of card is actually paper that was punched from a Martha Stewart punch.
|Accent Essentials cartridge|
- The part that took the longest to create were these little pink rose buds on the package. Each rose bud was created by combining six flowers (cut at one inch) from the Accent Essentials cartridge. The leaves are from a punch.
Your Next Stop is L.E. Paper Studio: http://lepaperstudio.blogspot.com
Here's the Line Up:
2. Marilyn's Cricut Crafts - http://songofml.blogspot.com/
3. L.E. Paper Studio - http://lepaperstudio.blogspot.com
4. Sandy- http://scrapbookblessings.blogspot.com
5. Julie - http://www.thecricutchirp.com
6.Shelly ~ http://cardsbyshelly.blogspot.com
7. Faith Abigail - http://www.faithabigaildesigns.com
8. Erica Http://EricasProjects.blogspot.com
9. Craft Lovers http://CraftLoversComeHere.blogspot.com
10 Aisha www.londonskyedesigns.blogspot.com
11. End http://CraftingBlogEvents.blogspot.com