Here's what you'll need:
- Canvas - I'm using an old one 8" x 10" found in a back bedroom closet
- Paint - mine is Spring Green from Apple Barrel (available at Michaels)
- Square 1 Printable - approximate cost is $1 per 8.5" x 11" sheet
- Image from Silhouette Store - I used design #51833
- Silhouette software and cutter
- Ink Jet Printer
Begin by painting your canvas. I found an old one that looks like it was a victim of a previous failed project. It was covered in a couple of different colored paints and had some paper clouds mod podged on it.
|Sad, old canvas|
|I'm seriously messy! Dry time approximately 1 hour.|
My inspiration for this project came from Pinterest. I found this image which was available for $18.
|Inspiration for my project. Print for sale at $18|
|Design #51833 from the Silhouette Store|
|Snapshot of my mat layout before printing and cutting|
Group all items together and use cut setting of "Cut Edge". Add the registration marks. Send the design to your ink jet printer; make sure you have loaded a sheet of Square 1 Printable first.
Your cut image will feel like fabric and behave like a sticker. Lay it onto your painted canvas.
I added Stickles to the pink letters as well as the beaters on the mixer. You can still see an uneven spot by the bottom of the mixer where the old mod podge had been. This won't be a issue with a new canvas.
Thank you for visiting my blog today! ~ Marilyn