I created this Reading Pillow with an envelope closure on back and a cute image on the front. The wrap portion seen on the front is used to insert a book. I'm thinking this idea would be cute at Christmas time using different fabric and image and inserting new Christmas pajamas.
|Finished pillow measures 14" x 14"|
You'll need some basic sewing skills to create this envelope closure pillow.
- Front of pillow : ABC fabric cut 15" x 15".
- Back of pillow: two cuts of ABC fabric 10" x 15" and 11" x 15"
- Wrap: one cut of white polyester fabric 7.5" x 15"
- Image of panda as well as the text were purchased for $3.00 from Etsy store BizzyLouDesigns
I opened the Panda image into my Silhouette software and changed the colors to my preference. I also sized the image to 4.5" x 9.5" to fit my wrap fabric. Image was then "flipped" horizontally and printed onto Sublimation transfer paper. Then I heat pressed the image onto my white polyester fabric at 390 degrees for 60 seconds.
After cutting fabric, hem the two back ABC fabric pieces. Hem both the top and bottom of the white polyester wrap - that now has the Panda and Text.
Position the white wrap onto the front ABC fabric and pin in place. With right sides together, pin the two back fabric pieces to the front. Sew 1/2" all the way around. I also serged the edges.
Flip right side out - and it's done!
- Pillow form for $7.99 from Hobby Lobby (before 40% off coupon)
- Pete the Cat book for $10.99 from Sams
|Finished pillow with book|
Couldn't stop with just one! Made two other pillows.
Thank you for visiting today! ~ Marilyn