What is needed:
- Iron-on vinyl. I purchased mine at Hobby Lobby for $14.99. What you get is one large sheet of glitter iron-on vinyl. It is layered with a sticky clear sheet that is needed when applying the vinyl to your clothing.
- Clothing to apply the vinyl onto. I purchased a package of four baby onesies, sized 3-6 months. Tip: Make sure to wash and dry the clothing before applying the vinyl.
- Iron. Set to cotton temperature. Make sure the steam button is in the OFF position.
- Cricut Image. I used an image from Cricut Brooklyn Iron-on cartridge.
- Place iron-on glitter vinyl on your mat and cut with blade set to 3, speed-low, pressure-medium. My image came from Cricut Brooklyn Iron-on cartridge [bow-tie1] . I cut it at 4". Tip: make sure your image has been "flipped" before cutting.
- Weed the vinyl - remove all the negative cut pieces. Unlike regular vinyl, you will not need transfer tape for this product.
- Iron your clothing for about 15 seconds before applying the vinyl. It will pre-warm the clothing making it ready to receive the vinyl. Set your iron to the cotton setting. Make sure the steam button is in the off position.
- Position your image and iron for about 30 seconds. Turn the clothing over and iron on the backside for another 30 seconds.
- Lift up the clear coating to make sure everything sticks to the clothing. If not, just iron a little longer.
- Remove all the clear plastic coating and admire your work.
All-in-all I would give this product a thumbs-up. Easy to use and really looks nice after applied.
- Now I have a baby gift ready for wrapping. Better make a card to go along with it.
|A2 sized card|
Cricut Brooklyn Iron-on cartridge
- Mat 1 (blue) = 5 3/8" x 4 1/8".
- Mat 2 (white) = 4.75" x 3.5". Mat embossed with Cuttlebug "Geometric" folder.
- Mat 3 (white) = 4.75" x 3.5". Hand cut at top in the center and fold down the corners to create a "collar."
- Bow Tie and Buttons = cut at 4" from Cricut Brooklyn Iron-on cartridge [Bow Tie1].
- Place form tape under collar corners to hold in place.
|Inside of Card|
- Mat 1 (blue) = 4.75" x 3.5".
- Mat 2 (white) = 4.5" x 3.25".
- Sentiment = from Cloud9 Designs "Simple Thoughts" stamp set.
|Girl Version - Iron-On Glitter Vinyl in Pink|
- Created by welding images from Forever Young and Brooklyn Iron-On. Letter "K" from CCR Basics.
- Forever Young = image from Forever Young [jewelry] is at 3".
- Brooklyn Iron-On = image from Brooklyn Iron-On [Tie] is at 4". Hide contour on tie part and keep the collar.
- After cutting, cut again with Letter "K" at .5" from CCR Basics.
|Onesie in Greeting Card Box|
- Baby onesies folded and placed into a clear box made for greeting cards (approximate size is 5 7/8" x 4 1/2"). Set of 25 purchased from Clear Bags for $10. Gold metallic stretch loop purchased separately (set of 50 stretch loops for $7.50)
Thank you for visiting my blog today. As always, comments are welcomed and appreciated!