Saturday, December 21, 2013

Jesus Subway Art - Shadow Box

This is one of those projects that just took it's own path.  I saw someone's subway art project on Facebook that contained a saying out of the Grinch Who Stole Christmas story.  So, thinking about subway art, I searched through files in the Silhouette store. 

I found a file I really liked made by Lori Whitlock and purchased it.  Then I started playing around with the colors and such.  But, alas, I had no canvas or board to put it on.  What I did have was an 8"x10" black shadow box purchased at Michaels. 

Subway art file from Silhouette Store
Lori Whitlock #51624

I printed my image onto Square1 printable and hand cut around the sides to fit the back of my shadow box.  Once that was done, I thought I would make "Jesus" and "Christ" stand out more my adding Stickles to the lettering.

I liked the shadow box, but wanted to add something to the outside as well.  Being a Catholic, there are lots and lots of used / old / broken rosaries and religious objects at my home.  So what better way to honor our Lord and re-use these holy objects than to combine them.

And that's how my Jesus / Subway Art / Shadow Box came to be.

I hot glued an old rosary cross, a miraculous medal, a religious pin, a religious necklace and an old finger rosary onto the outside of the shadow box.  

May Christ's peace be yours this Christmas.

~ Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comment here :-)