Sunday, April 22, 2012

Vase Painting - Alcohol Ink

Another trash to treasure adventure.


Here's another old vase found in the garage.   It has a water stain around the center that won't wash off.   I've decided to try the Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks to color this vase.


Wow - supper fast and easy to do!  Just place a felt pad on the dabber, use a few drops of alcohol ink and pounce all over the vase.


I only used the cranberry color on the bottom.   When I started reaching the upper portion, I added another color to the same felt pad.   Results show a marbling effect.


When the alcohol dries, the ink is permanent.  Dries within a few moments.   I wore rubber gloves - didn't want to permanently color my hands!


Here are the two vases together.   One to the right is the one I hand painted and glazed.   The bigger far right is yet to be done.